How much do Oxford law graduates earn?Asked by: Donnie Baumbach | Last update: February 19, 2022
Score: 4.5/5 (17 votes)
Law graduates from the University of Oxford typically earn £61,400 (~US$78,400) after five years, while, in contrast, Bradford University law graduates earned an average of £17,300 (~US$22,100) after five years.
Do Oxford graduates get paid more?
The study found that the average UK graduate salary within five years of leaving university is £24,000. ... Oxford graduates earn 45 per cent more than this, with an average graduate salary of £34,802.
How much do lawyers from Oxford make?
New research has revealed that University of Oxford law graduates are earning an average salary of £61,500, firing them to the top of the law school earnings table. The government statistics show that those who studied at Oxford take home, on average, £61,500 five years post-graduation.
How much do Cambridge law graduates earn?
Cambridge University's law degree yielded median earnings of £69,400 in the tax year ending in 2019, while those who studied law at London School of Economics earned an average of £65,500 five years after graduating. Oxford University followed close behind with a median pay packet of £64,600.
How much do law graduates earn UK?
How much does a Law graduate make in United Kingdom? The average law graduate salary in the United Kingdom is £20,000 per year or £10.26 per hour. Entry level positions start at £17,894 per year while most experienced workers make up to £35,613 per year.
My Hourly Wage as a Corporate Lawyer - The SURPRISING Truth
Which type of law pays the most?
- Medical Lawyers – Average $138,431. Medical lawyers make one of the highest median wages in the legal field. ...
- Intellectual Property Attorneys – Average $128,913. ...
- Trial Attorneys – Average $97,158. ...
- Tax Attorneys – Average $101,204. ...
- Corporate Lawyers – $116,361.
Which area of law pays the most UK?
Swindon, the City of London, South West London, West London, East London, Coventry, Bristol, Leeds and southeast London make up the top ten geographies in the UK for the highest average employment lawyer salaries. The average salary of a fully qualified solicitor specialising in this area is around £43,000 annually.
How much do LSE graduates earn?
For example, economics graduates from the London School of Economics (LSE) earn an average salary of £55,200 (~US$70,500) five years after graduating, with the top 25% earning more than £120,000 (~US$153,200).
Do Cambridge graduates earn more?
Here are the key highlights on Oxbridge students from the report: Students graduating from Oxbridge universities (Portmanteau for Oxford University and Cambridge University) earn £10,000 extra than a student graduating from a non-Russell Group University.
How much do corporate lawyers make UK?
Corporate Lawyer Salary in the UK
The average salary for a Corporate Lawyer is £78,400 gross per year (£4,500 net per month), which is £48,800 (+165%) higher than the UK's national average salary. A Corporate Lawyer can expect an average starting salary of £31,200. The highest salaries can exceed £170,000.
Where do Oxford graduates go?
Almost all employed graduates were in graduate level jobs, mostly in education, research and development, or health industries. More than half of those reporting said they took their job as it fitted with their career plans or was exactly what they wanted to do.
Which University has the highest paid graduates UK?
#1 University of Oxford
In first place is Oxford, with recent graduates earning as much as £34,802. Hailed as one of the best universities in the world, it ranks (very!)
What degree is the most employable?
- Subjects allied to medicine – 93%.
- Architecture, building & planning – 92%.
- Education – 90%.
- Engineering & technology – 85%.
- Computer Science – 80%.
- Mathematical sciences – 79%.
- Business studies – 75%.
- Law – 74%.
What is the highest paid jobs in the UK?
- Tax partner (£124,000)
- Head of sales (£116,000)
- Chief financial officer (£112,500)
- Consultant dermatologist (£100,000)
- Vice president of engineering (£99,300)
- Ophthalmologist (£98,000)
- Vascular surgeon (£97,000.
- Nephrologist (£96,700)
Which graduates earn the most?
- Petroleum Engineering – $139,300.
- Chemical Engineering – $93,150.
- Nuclear Engineering – $92,500.
- Actuarial Mathematics – $90,200.
- Electronics Engineering – $88,650.
What is the highest earning degree in the UK?
- Veterinary Medicine.
- General Engineering.
- Physics and Astronomy.
- Computer Science.
What are the highest paying jobs in the world?
- Chief Executive Officer.
- Investment Banker.
- Senior Software Engineer.
- Data Scientist.
How much do Warwick graduates earn?
Employees who graduate from University of Warwick earn an average of ₹25lakhs, mostly ranging from ₹11lakhs per year to ₹50lakhs per year based on 58 profiles.
Who Earns More barrister or solicitor?
Solicitors have a more stable income but the top barristers get paid more than most top solicitors; although the average solicitor may be paid more. Add to that the one year barristers have to spend in pupillage/deviling and the risks of taking the barrister path are higher.
How much do lawyers make UK per month?
Lawyer Salary in the UK
The average salary for a Lawyer is £68,700 gross per year (£4,030 net per month), which is £39,100 (+132%) higher than the UK's national average salary. A Lawyer can expect an average starting salary of £25,000. The highest salaries can exceed £200,000.
What field of law is most in demand UK?
- Family law. Recent statistics show that 43% of marriages in the UK end in divorce, meaning that family lawyers are a necessity for many. ...
- Employment law. As long as people are continuing to work, there will always be a need for employment lawyers. ...
- Technology law. ...
- Environmental law.
Who earns more lawyer or judge?
The most productive (and highest earning) years of a lawyer's life are usually between the ages of 50 and 70. While the burden on a high court or Supreme Court judge is just as much as that on a lawyer of the same age, they have to make do with a small fraction of the remuneration.
Who is the highest paid lawyer in the world?
- Richard Scruggs — Net Worth: $1.7 Billion.
- Joe Jamail Jr. ...
- Willie Gary — Net Worth: $100 Million. ...
- Roy Black — Net Worth: $65 Million. ...
- Robert Shapiro — Net Worth: $50 Million. ...
- John Branca – Net Worth: $50 Million. ...
- Erin Brockovich – Net Worth: $42 Million. ...
What field of law is most in demand?
- Insurance: +2190% (YoY) ...
- Criminal Law: +1680% (YoY) ...
- Civil Rights: +1160% (YoY) ...
- Personal Injury: +660% (YoY) ...
- Estate Planning: +330% (YoY) ...
- Bankruptcy: +280% (YoY) ...
- Employment Law: +190% (YoY) ...
- Business Law: +140% (YoY) (Top growth area: Contracts)