What is the golden rule when driving?Asked by: Retta Goodwin | Last update: August 18, 2022
Score: 4.4/5 (62 votes)
Explanation The golden rule of driving is to treat other drivers the way you want to be treated. Obey traffic laws, drive responsibly, and avoid taking unnecessary risks that may put you and others in danger.
What are the four rules to remember when driving?
- Rule #1: First to arrive, first to drive. If you arrive at the intersection first, come to a complete stop, then proceed. ...
- Rule #2: Right of way goes to the right. ...
- Rule #3: Straight doesn't have to wait. ...
- Rule #4: Left turn yields to right.
What is the most basic rule of the road?
Always yield to pedestrians
Traffic laws state that pedestrians always have the right of way, therefore drivers must yield.
What are the 5 principles of decision driving?
- Look up ahead. It sounds obvious to make sure you're looking ahead rather than what's directly in front of you. ...
- Be aware of blind spots. ...
- Slow down at all intersections. ...
- Maintain a safe following distance. ...
- Minimize all distractions.
What are the 3 elements of driving?
In the Safe and Responsible Driving guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, defensive driving is summarized as three things: visibility, space, and communication.
3 Golden rules of driving!
What is the key to safe driving?
Wear your seatbelt, watch out for dangerous drivers, keep your hands on the wheel, and use your mirrors to stay aware of what's going on around you.
What are the 4 A's of effective defensive driving?
In the past, some have called the topics in this lesson Aggression, Alcohol, Accidents and Awareness.
What are the basics of driving?
Always maintain a safe speed and beware of blind spots and restricted areas. Following the speed limits is an important part of driving. The right speed can prevent numerous mistakes. Be courteous on the road, and if you're going slower than the flow, let other drivers pass.
What are the 6 driving fundamentals?
- The six conditions which influence your driving are Light, Weather, Road, Traffic, Vehicle, and the Driver.
- ALCOHOL. Don't mix driving and drinking. ...
- AGE. Know your limitations and adjust to them. ...
- ATTITUDE. ...
- DROWSINESS AND FATIGUE. ...
- DRUGS. ...
- PHYSICAL IMPAIRMENTS. ...
How can I be a good driver?
- OBEY ALL TRAFFIC RULES. ...
- SLOW DOWN! ...
- KEEP YOUR CAR IN GOOD RUNNING SHAPE. ...
- WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT. ...
- AVOID DISTRACTIONS. ...
- ADJUST YOUR ACCESSORIES. ...
- DON'T TAILGATE. ...
- BE PREPARED.
What is the first rule of the road?
“The first rule of traffic driving is to relax and take it easy” says Kanute Haire, director of road safety in the Ministry of Transport.
Which car has the right away?
When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time side-by-side, the vehicle furthest to the right has the right of way. If three vehicles arrive at the same time, the car furthest left should continue to yield until both of the other cars to the right of them have passed.
What are the 10 basic rules on the road?
- Drive at a safe speed.
- Don't drink and drive.
- Obey the road rules.
- Concentrate at all times and be prepared.
- Be patient and when in doubt, don't proceed.
- Plan your moves well in advance.
- Give correct signals.
- Be alert particularly at intersections.
What is the basic speed rule?
The basic speed rule provides that no person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard to the traffic, surface, and width of the highway, the hazard at intersections, weather, visibility, and any other conditions there existing.
Which vehicle should go first?
Anytime that you turn at an intersection, you must give way to: Oncoming vehicles going straight ahead (if you are turning right). Oncoming vehicles turning left (if you are turning right). Any vehicle on your right (if you are turning left or right).
What are 3 things you can do to avoid a collision?
Depending on the situation, you can do one of these 3 things to prevent a collision: stop, steer away or speed up.
How many vision zones are there?
To be a safe and defensive driver, you must remain aware of all six zones and be mindful of what other drivers may or may not do. It may sound overwhelming at first but it doesn't have to be, as both your side mirrors and rearview mirror are there to assist you!
What should you do when your brakes fail?
- Don't panic.
- Try the brakes again.
- Carefully engage emergency brake.
- Downshift into a lower gear.
- Safely get off the road.
- Don't turn the car off until you've stopped.
- Signal for help.
- Get your brakes inspected by a professional.
What is the most important skill used in driving?
A Lert is quick to perceive and act when someone crosses into his or her lane. Be A Lert behind the wheel. It's the most important driving skill you can develop.
When you get in a vehicle 3 things you should always do are?
You should always keep three items in your car. Your vehicle registration and proof of insurance can stay in the glove box or someplace else where they will be easy to find and hard to lose. Your driver's license is the third thing, and that should stay on you any time you are in a car.
What does the R in safer stand for?
SAFER stands for Space, Attitude, Foresight, Eyesight and Responsibility. Course Content: SAFER System of Defensive Driving.
What's the second rule in driving?
Question: What is the two-second rule? Answer: The two-second rule is the rule most states have adopted to keep a safe following distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead. It's the most simple way to know if you're following another vehicle too closely or not.