Which branch of LLM is best?Asked by: Zakary Shields | Last update: February 19, 2022
Score: 4.8/5 (36 votes)
Corporate law is the best subject for LLM courses. It allows you to acquire in-depth knowledge regarding the legitimacies of all types of contracts, businesses, and company policies. Corporate lawyers get a handsome pay package, which is also a major reason why most LLM aspirants choose to specialize in this stream.
Which specialization is best for LLM in India?
4. What are the popular specializations available for LLM? LLM International Law, Human Rights, Maritime Law, LLM Finance Law, LLM Environmental Law, LLM Taxation Law, LLM Corporate Law, and LLM Intellectual Property Rights Law are some of the popular specializations available for candidates wishing to pursue LLM.
How do I choose an LLM specialization?
- List out your preferences.
- Pan out colleges offering such specializations (India and abroad) and check for future prospects of this subject.
- Research about the benefits arising out of the selected specialization and the value addition to your skill set.
Which specialization is best in law?
- Civil Law- The most respected since specializing in law deals with the handling of injury cases, individual's private property, writing deeds, and wills. ...
- Tax Law - Specializing in this legislation focuses on income tax, property tax, land tax license.
Which is better 1 year LLM or 2 year LLM?
It depends on the perspective of an individual. The one year integrated LLM is less time consuming, one saves an academic year against a 2 year LLM. The one year is at par with the 2 year course in terms of value and is very much recognized by UGC.
Top 5 Law Specialisations in India
What is the salary of LLM in India?
LLM Job Profiles
The average salary of LLM graduates can range between INR 4 - 10 lakhs per year which can grow up to INR 45-50 LPA or even more with experience and expertise.
Is 1 year LLM valid for Phd?
According to the BCI, only a two-year postgraduate degree in law is recognisable and a one-year LLM is not adequate. The Council also said that any one-year LLM obtained from a foreign university will not be recognised in India.
Which branch of law has more scope?
1. Civil Law. This subject deals with significant areas of litigation including damage suits, guardian disputes, deeds, wills, individual rights and conflicts etc. This specialisation has an excellent scope for private practice, although it also offers good job opportunities with government and private bodies.
Which type lawyer earns the most in India?
Trial lawyers are the highest paid professionals to date and the salary depends on the location and the most important and the importance of the case. Top lawmakers handling high-profile cases in Delhi and Mumbai. Senior lawyers such as Mr. Ram Jethmalani and Mr.
What field of law is most in demand?
- Insurance: +2190% (YoY) ...
- Criminal Law: +1680% (YoY) ...
- Civil Rights: +1160% (YoY) ...
- Personal Injury: +660% (YoY) ...
- Estate Planning: +330% (YoY) ...
- Bankruptcy: +280% (YoY) ...
- Employment Law: +190% (YoY) ...
- Business Law: +140% (YoY) (Top growth area: Contracts)
Which law field is in demand in India?
Specializations- Cyber Law, Banking Law, Intellectual Property Law, etc. Certain areas in law have experienced vast development and growth. This growth would reflect directly in increased market demand for lawyers specializing in fields such as cyberlaw, tax law, intellectual property law, etc.
Should I do LLM or not?
Passing the bar and holding a qualification from a top law school long ago stopped being enough to guarantee graduates a job in law. So if you're just finishing up school or considering specializing, then you should definitely consider doing a Master of Laws (LLM).
What are the different types of LLM degrees?
- LLMs Law Studies.
- LLMs International Law Studies.
- LLMs Business Law Studies.
- LLMs Legal Studies.
- LLMs International Law.
- LLMs Law.
- LLMs Administrative Law Studies.
- LLMs National Law Studies.
Does LLM help in judiciary?
A LLM degree does not by itself help in getting through the Judicial Service Recruitment Examination. The fact is that to get a LLM degree one is to read more and thus he is supposed to have acquired more knowledge than one who is equipped with a n LLB degree.
Which course is best for corporate law?
B.A L.L.B: The B.A. LL. B is the most preferred choice of the law aspirants, this is an integrated course for the duration of 5 years. The students generally opt this course after completing their class 12th.
Are lawyers jobless in India?
Among the lakhs of jobless lawyers in India, less than 10% are making a living wage. Will legal profession survive another 20 years? The dynamics of the legal market continue to amaze me. India has lakhs of jobless lawyers sitting around exterminating houseflies in district courts around the country.
Who is the best female lawyer in India?
- Mishi Choudhary. She is the only lawyer to appear in the Indian as well as US Supreme Court and that also during the same term. ...
- Vrinda Grover. Vrinda is among one of the top 10 female lawyers in India. ...
- Indira Jaising. ...
- Meenakshi Arora. ...
- Karuna Nundy. ...
- Meenakshi Lekhi. ...
- Menaka Guruswamy.
Which type of lawyer is in demand?
Among the types of lawyers, Corporate Law experts are in great demand due to their specialization in contract law, securities law, bankruptcy, tax law, accounting, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws, etc.
Which type of lawyer earns the most?
- Medical Lawyers – Average $138,431. Medical lawyers make one of the highest median wages in the legal field. ...
- Intellectual Property Attorneys – Average $128,913. ...
- Trial Attorneys – Average $97,158. ...
- Tax Attorneys – Average $101,204. ...
- Corporate Lawyers – $116,361.
Which law course is in demand?
Some of the most popular law specializations in India are – Civil Law, Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Cyber Law and Intellectual Property Law.
Can I do LLM without LLB?
It will be mandatory to appear in Post Graduate Common Entrance Test admissions to LLM courses. ... The notification released by the council makes it mandatory for law students to complete LLB degree (three-year LLB or five-year LLB) for pursuing LLM course, which will be of two-year duration.
Can I do LLM twice in India?
UGC has approved a proposal to allow students to pursue two degree programmes at the same time. One of the degrees has to be in the regular mode and the other either in open and distance learning or online. A student can pursue two degrees in different streams as well as from different institutions.
Can a lawyer pursue LLM?
Bar Council of India (BCI) have passed a resolution dated 23.1. 2010 at the counsel meeting held on 18th and 20th december 2009, where it was decided that the Practicing Advocates can join in LLM Courses as Regular Students without suspending the practice.