What is the most accepted major at NYU?Asked by: Prof. Elijah Bashirian | Last update: July 20, 2023
Score: 4.8/5 (4 votes)
The most popular majors at New York University include: Visual and Performing Arts; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Social Sciences; Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities; Health Professions and Related Programs; Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services; ...
What is the most popular major at NYU?
- Liberal Arts and Humanities. 617 Graduates.
- Nursing. 455 Graduates.
- Economics. 437 Graduates.
- Information Science. 424 Graduates.
- Business. 418 Graduates.
- Research and Experimental Psychology. 391 Graduates.
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia. 368 Graduates.
- Cinematography and Video Production.
What is NYU's best program?
New York University is an exceptional school with impressive rankings both in the U.S. and an impressive NYU ranking in the world. With top programs in computer science, engineering, and business, New York University proves to be a highly desired school for students around the globe.
What is the most accepted major?
The most popular college majors in the United States are business, health, and social sciences, according to data from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES). Of the 2 million bachelor's degrees conferred in the US during the 2019-2020 school year, these three majors made up almost 40 percent.
What are the top majors at York University?
- Business. 23 Graduates.
- Biology. 13 Graduates.
- Psychology. 11 Graduates.
- Liberal Arts and Humanities. 7 Graduates.
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration. 5 Graduates.
- Elementary Education. 5 Graduates.
- Accounting. 3 Graduates.
- Special Education and Teaching. 3 Graduates.
GETTING INTO NYU | STATS, APPLICATION, & TIPS ♡
What is NYU known for academically?
About New York University (NYU)
NYU ranks among the top universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings® by Subject for: Accounting and finance. Mathematics. Law and legal studies.
What majors does NYU focus on?
- Arts & Media.
- Education & Health-Related Fields.
- Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math.
- Campuses, Schools, & Colleges.
What is the hardest major to pass?
- Chemistry. At number one on the list is chemistry.
- Architecture. ...
- Chemical Engineering. ...
- Computer Science. ...
- Aerospace Engineering. ...
- Biomedical Engineering. ...
- Materials Engineering. ...
- Petroleum Engineering. ...
What is the hardest major to be accepted into?
Chemistry is listed #1 as the hardest major for students to get into. The average GPA required by students applying for a chemistry major is 2.9.
What is the hardest degree to major in?
- Environmental Economics and Policy.
- Environmental Earth Science.
- American Studies.
- Nuclear Engineering.
- Energy Engineering.
- Applied Mathematics.
Which NYU college is hardest to get into?
NYU Acceptance Rate
Three undergraduate schools accepted less than 10% of applicants: College of Arts & Science acceptance rate: 7% Stern School of Business acceptance rate: 7% Rory Meyers College of Nursing acceptance rate: 3%
What is NYU's rival school?
NYU's rival, dictated by history and geography, has been Columbia University, though it also had a rivalry with Rutgers University, as shown by older fight song lyrics. Rutgers and NYU played 43 times in football from 1890 to 1952, with Rutgers having a 23-18-2 record against the Violets.
Which is better Columbia or NYU?
Ranked seventh in the US this year, Columbia has been a consistent presence near the top of the world rankings over the past decade. It ranks well across all the indicators, narrowly beating NYU in three categories: research impact, learning experience and employability.
What are NYU students known for?
The school's prestige primarily comes from its excellence in the arts (think Lady Gaga and Anne Hathway) and business (think Alan Greenspan). The university was founded in 1831 as a place for any and all students to come together and learn in an urban center, and has since maintained that mission.
What GPA do you need to get into NYU?
The recommended GPA requirements to get into NYU are between 3.5 and 4.0. You will need a very high GPA and will likely be graduating at the top half of your class in order to get into NYU. If your GPA is lower than suggested at the time you apply, you may have to perform above average on your standardized tests.
Why is NYU ranked so high?
According to their Best Colleges Rankings 2022-2023, New York University (NYU) ranks in the top 25 among the universities in the United States. This placement is indicative of NYU's strong academic reputation, quality of faculty, and student success.
What majors are not popular?
- Speech/language pathology.
- Kinesiology and physical therapy.
- Performing arts.
- Liberal arts.
What is the easiest best major?
- Liberal Arts.
- Religious Studies.
- Social Work.
- Visual and Performing Arts.
Which majors are most competitive?
- Business. According to CNBC, nearly 19% of the 4-year college degrees granted in the US are in business. ...
- Economics & Finance. What do you major in if your college doesn't offer a business degree, but you want to go into business? ...
- Biology. ...
- Nursing. ...
- Computer Science.
Which majors to avoid?
- Advertising. Pursuing an advertising major could lead to potential career paths in digital marketing, e-commerce, or sports marketing. ...
- Anthropology And Archeology. ...
- Art history. ...
- Communications. ...
- Computer Science. ...
- Creative Writing. ...
- Criminal Justice. ...
- Culinary arts.
What majors don t take long?
- Criminal Justice.
- Religious Studies.
- Social Work.
Does NYU admit based on major?
The admissions committee cares less about your formal major and more about what you are most excited to learn—and why NYU is the best place for you to do that learning. On the Common Application, you'll select one, two, or all of the three degree-granting campuses.
What is NYU major acceptance rate?
Before applying to NYU, you need to look at the institution's acceptance rate. The NYU acceptance rate for 2021 fell to a record low of 12.8%. This means that, for every 100 applicants, only 13 are admitted. The NYU acceptance rate for 2021 three undergraduate courses was in the single digits.