What field of law makes the most money in South Africa?Asked by: Araceli Hegmann | Last update: February 19, 2022
Score: 4.7/5 (31 votes)
One of the key focuses of the report is the legal sector, which has typically been home to some of the highest-paying jobs in the country. Top earners include General Counsel (GC) and partners, both of which can expect to take home R5 million a year at the high-end of market.
Which law field pays the most in South Africa?
- Intellectual property and Patent lawyers. Often, intellectual property and patents go hand in hand. ...
- Corporate lawyers. Corporate lawyers is another subcategory that earn a lot of money. ...
- Medical lawyers. ...
- Tax lawyers.
What field of law makes most money?
- Corporate Lawyer – $98,822 annually. ...
- Tax Attorneys – $99,690 annually. ...
- Trial Attorneys – $101,086. ...
- IP Attorneys – $140,972 annually. ...
- Medical Lawyers – $150,881 annually. ...
- 10 of the Most Clever Stock Ticker Symbols of 2016.
What fields of law are in demand in South Africa?
Therefore, lawyers that are experienced in areas like complex civil litigation, commercial litigation, insurance defense, labor and employment, and other related niches are always in high demand in the country.
Which university is best for law in SA?
University of Cape Town (UCT)
QS World Rankings ranks UCT as the top university to study law in South Africa. The university is recognized for producing law graduates that are highly sought after both locally and internationally.
Biggest Law Firms in South Africa
What do lawyers earn in South Africa?
The average lawyer salary in South Africa is R 847 950 per year or R 435 per hour. Entry-level positions start at R 324 000 per year, while most experienced workers make up to R 8 400 000 per year.
Are all lawyers rich?
The majority of lawyers, or rather attorneys, are not rich, but many of them make a decent income in exchange for complex work.
What area of law is most in demand?
1. Complex Litigation. This is an area of law that demands a lot of patience and incredible attention to detail. Complex litigation is one of the more lucrative specializations because they involve high-stakes, corporate lawsuits and a lot of motions filed in court.
Are lawyers richer than doctors?
It is true as well that different medical and legal fields can have their own unique averages. However, on average, the data shows that doctors make more than lawyers. ... Specifically, the average doctor makes $208,000 per year, while the average lawyer makes $118,160.
What jobs will disappear by 2030?
- Travel agent. It amazes me that a travel agent is still a job in 2020. ...
- Taxi drivers. ...
- Store cashiers. ...
- Fast food cooks. ...
- Administrative legal jobs.
Which field of law is best?
- Criminal Lawyer. Criminal lawyers are responsible for representing their clients in court for criminal cases. ...
- Corporate Lawyer. ...
- Judicial Services. ...
- Legal Journalist. ...
- Legal Analyst. ...
- Civil Lawyer. ...
- Legal Advisor.
Which type of law is the hardest?
Generally, more students find Constitutional Law and Civil Procedure the most difficult because they are far more abstract than other areas of law.
What is the easiest type of lawyer to become?
Government law is the easiest. Very little work at a state or federal commission.
What type of lawyers make millions?
- Medical malpractice lawyers: $250,000;
- Patent attorney: $1840,000;
- Intellectual property (IP) attorney: $163,000;
- Trial attorneys: $144,000;
- Tax attorney (tax law): $122,000;
- Corporate lawyer: $118,000;
- Employment lawyer: $88,000;
- Real estate attorney: $87,000;
Can a lawyer become a billionaire?
Lawyer. Practising law is one of the best careers for incredibly high earning potential. ... Of course, different areas in law can yield higher profits, and the most lucrative law careers that can make you a billionaire include corporate, criminal, patent, tax, real estate and intellectual property law.
Can being a lawyer make you a millionaire?
Obviously, lawyers do have a lot of advantages. Generally they make more than the average American, just like doctors, pharmacists, engineers, etc. ... Therefore, it shouldn't be hard for most lawyers to become millionaires. It just takes discipline and time.
How much do LLB graduates earn in South Africa?
The average llb law salary in South Africa is R 701 898 per year or R 360 per hour. Entry-level positions start at R 150 000 per year, while most experienced workers make up to R 5 486 400 per year.
Is law a good career in South Africa?
Choosing law as a career can be rewarding and exciting but it also requires hard work, dedication and a high level of commitment. The legal industry in South Africa is exceptionally competitive and there are many different career paths to choose from.
What jobs can I get with a LLB law degree in South Africa?
- Administrative lawyer.
- Case manager.
- Commercial rights manager.
- Compliance officer.
- Compliance specialist.
What LLB means?
LLB Programs An LLB, or Bachelor of Laws, is the professional law degree awarded after completing undergraduate education. In most countries, holding an LLB with additional accreditation, allows for the practice of law.
Is Unisa LLB Recognised internationally?
Unisa is internationally recognized to the extent that it has students from different parts of the world. The question whether you might be required to take some sort of test in the host country if you go and work overseas doesn't necessarily speak to the international recognition of the institution you studied at.
How do I choose a field of law?
- Research Common Law Firms Where You Want to Practice. Often, basing your area of expertise on your preferred place or places to live is the easiest way to choose. ...
- Take a Reputable Self-Assessment. ...
- Think Long Term. ...
- Discuss the Matter with Advisors. ...
- Allow Change with Circumstances.
What is the hardest law job?
Lawyers who represent clients accused of criminal acts or civil wrongdoing face a moral dilemma, which can be the hardest part of their job as an attorney.